Halloween is quickly approaching!! Here are some tips to keep your family safe and healthy this Halloween!
- Stay warm and have multiple layers ready as nighttime approaches.
- Be prepared as often times neighborhoods will have scheduled times of when trick or treating is happening. It is often late afternoon/early evening before it gets dark outside!
- Pay attention and be aware of your surroundings as kids often times get excited and run ahead!
- Small candies provide choking hazards and non-wrapped or unlabeled items may not be safe to eat therefore make sure to go through all candy at the end of the night before kids enjoy!
- I also want to highlight the Food Allergy Research and Education’s Teal Pumpkin Initiative. As many children have food allergies it is an effort to provide alternative items for trick or treaters in addition to or in place of candy. Ideas include stickers, spider rings, bracelets etc. Here is more information at their site: http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project
Happy Halloween from the WP staff! And if you’re lucky enough to be at the office Halloween weekend I will have some fun and safe treats to share!